TRADITIONAL, TASTY AND NUTRITIOUS AND PROBABLY YOUR BEST PROFITMAKER
Amanda fish roe is traditional, tasty and nutritious. Customers who have tried it, love it and keep coming back for more.
Tinned fish is also good for business. You can make a good margin and it's easy to buy, use and store!
Did you know?
Want to know more about Amanda Seafoods and fish roe? Here are ten facts to whet your appetite...
- Amanda Seafoods was founded in 1916 in Kerteminde, Denmark.
- Danish companies were, at that time, given individual trademark numbers. Amanda's number - 555 - still appears on the iconic blue tins of Amanda fish roe to this day.
- The company's first products included fish bals and boneless herrings.
- Amanda fish roe, as we know it, was introduced in the 1950s.
- It is enjoyed throughout Scandinavia, where it can be fried and served with vegetables, eaten with salad, or served on rye bread with a creamy remoulade condiment.
- Amanda fish roe is high in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- It contains the roe of cod and plaice.
- Today, Amanda Seafoods is based in Frederikshavn, in the north of Denmark.
- Amanda fish roe is produced from MSC certified, sustainably sourced fish.
- In the UK, Amanda fish roe is a chip shop favourite, where it is battered, fried and served with chips and peas. It is especially popular in the West Midlands and south of England.